Wednesday 1 February 2012

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it"

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" is a common phrase used by me and my family.
ME is an unpredictable illness, and you dont know how you're going to feel in a few hours, let alone a few days. In a week, i roughly have, 2 'good' days, 2 'bad' days and 3 'average' days. But it could change, from one week, to the next.
We cant plan ahead. As a family, we cant orginise a trip to the coast, or wildlife park, because we dont know how i am going to feel. I may have a good day, be able to walk a short way, and be out for 2 or 3 hours. But then again, i might have a bad day, bed-bound, unable to swing my legs over the side of the bed to get out; hardly able to walk downstairs or to the toliet.
"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it"'What' and 'if' are two perfectly ordinairy words, you probably use them at least once or twice, everyday. Two words, as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together, side-by-side and they have the power to leave you wondering, and haunt you for the rest of your life. What if. What if?
What if I had been well enough? What if i had been able to walk? What if i wasnt ill? What if i had gone out?
These are questions that i frequently ask myself, and sometimes even my parents.

Me, "What if i'm not well enough to go out tomorrow?"
Mum, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it,"
This is a common coversation between me and my mum. With ME, you just have to take everyday as a new one. Enjoy every good moment, and get through every bad one. You cant paln ahead or make decisions too far into the future because you dont know how ill or how well you are going to be.

Thank you for reading, please comment if you have any advice, suggestions or questions for me. Or follow me on twitter @ChloeStickings
Thank you!
Love, Chloe xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment