Saturday 18 August 2012

Emetophobia

Hey guys

Now, I have Emetophobia. Emetophobia is basically just a big-long-fancy word that means "phobia of being sick,"

Now, I am SO SO scared of being sick, of vomit and of other people near me being sick. I actually cant describe to you how scared I am!

I think about it everyday and I dread winter when everyone is sick, and there are stomach bugs going around.

I wash my hands constantly during the day and go through bottles and bottles of antibacterial hand gel.

I basically do everything I can to prevent me from getting ill.

I have anxiety anyway.

And I have panic attacks about being sick.

If someone in my family/house is being sick or has been sick, I don't know what to do! I'll shut myself away, I just can not be near them! I panic, have numerous panic attacks, start shaking. And then because I am so worried about being sick, I'll start to feel sick from anxiety. Then I'll panic even more and it will just go round and round in circles.

I just wanted to share this with you. Let me know if you have ever had a similar experience, hopefully I'll do some more posts on this soon!


2 comments:

  1. i worked in a bank for about three years. i quickly found out that money is absolutely filthy! of all the things in this world, money is the one thing that is touch & handled by thousands of people a day. i used to wash my hands so much, by days end theyde be raw. thank God i became a teacher, right. with all that being said, i try not to obsess, id advice you the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for your advice and comment. Hope you are okay xxxx

      Delete