Saturday 15 September 2012

Invisible illness week 2012

Hey guys

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week is held annually in September and is a worldwide effort to bring together people who live with invisible chronic illness and those who love them. This year, National Invisible Illness week is taking place 10-16th of September (I know I'm a bit late!)

As you all know, I have ME. ME is an invisible illness. I get told all the time that I look healthy and well, when i feel absolutely horrid. Just because I don't look ill, it doesn't mean that I don't feel it.

I feel like I've got the flu all of the time. I feel sick, I get headaches, I ache, I am in pain, I'm exhausted, I feel like I'm gonna pass out, I feel dizzy. You cannot see any of these things. But that does not mean that they are not there.

If you know someone that has an invisible, chronic illness, please do not tell them that they are looking well. Don't assume that just because they have put a bit of make up on, and got dressed for the day that they are feeling fine.

We are in pain all of the time. We feel constantly exhausted.

It never goes away.

Please go to
http://invisibleillnessweek.com/
for more info

0 comments:

Post a Comment