Saturday 29 December 2012

A worldwide bond

Something I have learnt since being ill is that people from around the world, from other countries, aren't all that different to me and to British people.

Reading blogs and tweets, they could be written by anyone, from anywhere in the world. And it's strange how I have come to feel closer and more in-tune with people who live halfway around the works, than people from my town.

I never really thought that other countries, such as America and Australia were all that different. But I guess, now I know that we are all really the same. We have different traditions, different slang, different weather and things like that.

But when it comes down to it, those aren't the important things. The things that are most important are that we all want to be happy, we all get upset, scared and angry by the sane things.

A lot of people that I talk to, and who I consider my friends, from around the world, have the same DVDs as me, same nail varnishes and things like that. And I think it's just so fascinating that we talk about that DVD, or nail varnish, compare opinions, without even having to be in the same room, or country.

All of the people I talk to on twitter, know how I feel, because they are sick with ME, fibro, CFS, CFIDS, lupus or EDS too. Some might live thousands of miles away but there are still things that connect us together.

I never thought that I'd feel so close, or have so much in common to someone who lives in another country, who I have never met, and who is 10 or 20 years older than me, but I do.

The initial bond that we have, is the ME, but afterwards, I have found that we have other things in common too. We watch the same Youtubers, we are interested in fashion/beauty, like the same music, watch the same TV shows.

That is something I have learnt in 2012.

P.S. Hope you all had a fab Christmas

0 comments:

Post a Comment