Wednesday 23 July 2014

Body Shop, Yankee Candle and Next Haul

Last week, me, my nan and mum ventured out to the shops for a few hours. This is not something I do all the time so when it does happen, it is very exciting and I thought if share with you what I got!

The first place we stopped off at was The Body Shop... 



I picked up the Papaya shower gel and matching body butter. I really love the smell of these and I've never tried this scent before. 



Next up, I bought the Raspberry shower gel which is one of my all time favourite scents! I got the body butter for my birthday and have been using it at the moment. I honestly can't get enough of the scent - it's amazing and smells exactly like fresh raspberries! However, the other day, I did make the mistake of reaching over to my bedside cabnet to sniff the body butter whilst laying down and dropped the whole tub on my face - ouch! 

I've heard a lot about the Silky Camomile Cleansing Oil for a while and decided to give it a go as all the reviews have been positive with a lot of bloggers singing it's praises. This is the only product I've tried so far and although I only used it once, it is ah-may-zing! Seriously! I might even love it more than the Botantics Cleansing Balm. One pump covered my whole face and took all my waterproof mascara off - I'm really impressed! 

Last but not least from the Body Shop, the Vitamin E Serum. I have heard good things about this one too so decided to give it a go after realising that my current oil contains mineral oil :(

I was also debating whether to pick up the toning spray/mist too so let me know if you have tried it and if it is any good. 

Now on to Yankee Candle ...

(L-R, Beach Wood, Fresh Cut Roses, Fireside Treats, Macintosh, Home Sweet Home) 

Beach Wood is probably the post subtle of all the scents I picked up. I'm honestly not very good at describing scents so I looked on the Yankee candle website and they describe it as "a modern blend of vetiver, salt air and driftwood". I think most people would like this one as it's not too strong or offensive! 

Fresh Cut Roses fills my 'floral' catergory. I tried to pick up some different scents as I didn't want too many similar ones. It literally just smells like straight-up roses - that's all I can really say! 

I heard about Fireside Treats from Anna Saccone so made a mental note to give it a good 'ole sniff if I saw it in store. Turns out I really like the scent, it's sweet but not too sickly or vanilla-y and I don't think it will be too over-whelming whilst it's being burnt. 

Macintosh literally just smells like apples. It smells of straight-up fresh apples and is quite fresh. I think I'm going to save it for the Autumn time.. Mmm! 

Home Sweet Home is a warm, homely scent (as the name would suggest!). This again, will be great for Autumn or Winter. The website describes it as being "a heartwarming blend of cinnamon, baking spices, and a hint of freshly poured tea"

(L-R, Coastal Waters x2, Fruit Fusion, Bahama Breeze, Blissful Autumn) 

I picked up some smaller candles too. I picked up two Costal Waters candles because I've had this scent before and really loved it. To me, it smells like a sexy male model (not that I imagine what they smell like... Well, not too often at least!). I'm super sad they are only avaliable in the smaller size otherwise I would have gotten a bigger one! 

Fruit Fusion looked like it would be good for summer and I think the main scent is orange but it smells a bit lime-y too and kinda like fruit punch. 

Bahama Breeze is another summer-y one and according to Yankee Candle, smells of "a tropical blend of pineapple, grapefruit and mango."

Blissful Autumn is another repurchase and I think it is now discontinued - boo! It smells spicy but not in a heavy way and maybe has a hint of apple/pear in it too?

And finally, I picked up these sandals from the Next outlet store. They were £16 and I have honestly been looking for some sandals for AGES. 




I really like these ones and I think they will be a good staple piece and will go with a lot of outfits. 

So there we have it, quite a big haul. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I bought and if you have any recommendations of any candles or Body Shop products you think I will like, leave them in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading! 

Chloe xx 

4 comments:

  1. Oh here's the haul! haha, you definitely got some goodies, Yankee candles are the nicest, they can really create an atmosphere in a room can't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love candles and yankee have such a good range of scents! I love that they fill the whole room :) I defo got some goodies! lots of love xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my! You did have a good shop! Good on you! I love the body shop, I haven't been in there in forever! I have seen those Yankee candles around in a few shops, I must give them a try. Your ones look great!

    Lennae xxx
    www.lennae87.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did! I love the bodyshop too! have been using their stuff for years! Yankee candles are the best! :) xx

      Delete